• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eye doctor deliberately misdiagnose....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I am sure because i questioned the receptionist. The doctor wasn't in when i was there. I didn't pursue the issue because the relative didn't go for glaucoma treatment. The eye doctor never referred her to any other doctor for futher testing. I don't understand these "doctors."
I have not finished reading the full thread. But if the receptionist discussed anything but the weather and the performance of your local sports team with you without the express permission of your relative, in writing, naming you by name and giving the scope of what could be discussed, then the one who violated Federal law is the receptionist. There are laws that prohibit the doctor and his staff from giving you any information without that written permission. Point being, the receptionist may not have told you everything since she would be breaking the law if she did.

And FYI, I am not a lawyer but I am trained and certified in HIPAA laws, recertified every year. And I've been here over 20 years.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Thank you Quincy and Zig for all of your years of volunteering to this site and for the excellent guidance you have given to thousands of people. You Guy's rock!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You didn't read my post. Did not recoomend seeing ophthalmologist. Diagnosed her with glucoma. This is willful negligence. And i don't have a complaint?
YOU have never had a complaint. Unless the patient is your child or otherwise under your legal guardianship. Seriously - you are the troll.

quincy

Thank you Quincy and Zig for all of your years of volunteering to this site and for the excellent guidance you have given to thousands of people. You Guy's rock!!
Thanks, Blue. I have a few more years to put in before I can collect pension benefits. Haha. :)

quincy

I don’t think it takes long to feel like you have been here forever - sort of like how Steve Martin in The Jerk describes how long the days have felt. Some days are definitely longer than others. Haha.

adjusterjack

It feels like you have been here forever!! (I mean that in the best possible way, Jack!)
Feels like yesterday.

More stats:

Joined expertlaw 3/23/13
Joined thelaw.com 7/5/15

If lawyers.com still had forums I'd be going on 19 years there. I was still working when I started there. I would log on at the office, in between claims, and answer insurance questions. By the time the forums were shut down I had over 50,000 posts to my credit on many topics.

I actually am surprised this thread wasn’t locked, to prevent us from rambling on (as we are wont to do :)).
Maybe nobody has reported it since we like rambling on.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Feels like yesterday.

More stats:

Joined expertlaw 3/23/13
Joined thelaw.com 7/5/15

If lawyers.com still had forums I'd be going on 19 years there. I was still working when I started there. I would log on at the office, in between claims, and answer insurance questions. By the time the forums were shut down I had over 50,000 posts to my credit on many topics.

Maybe nobody has reported it since we like rambling on.
Oh, it's been reported a few times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">