• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eye surgury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, I should have specified. Although I did point out above that an optometrist is not a medical doctor.

I am trying to make an appoinment with another opthomologist but I am affraid he will say basically what the other one said as they like to protect each other. It just seems that if I had marked on the initial page about past medical thing and said I had shingles than why was this not brought up when he talked to me about the surgery and told me their was a risk to it instaed of say your left eye is going to be better than my right eye and because of that statement I decided it was going to be ok.

quincy

I am trying to make an appoinment with another opthomologist but I am affraid he will say basically what the other one said as they like to protect each other. It just seems that if I had marked on the initial page about past medical thing and said I had shingles than why was this not brought up when he talked to me about the surgery and told me their was a risk to it instaed of say your left eye is going to be better than my right eye and because of that statement I decided it was going to be ok.
I don't know why your ophthalmologist told you or did not tell you anything. You will have to ask your ophthalmologist to explain. You should make an appointment with him to discuss the questions you have about your surgery.

Doctors do not lie to patients to protect other doctors.

justalayman

It is still not known whether you vision will improve as the ophthalmologist stated. I believe your condemnation of the ophthalmologist is based on speculation and guesses and as such, at least, premature if not totally unwarranted.

I also suggest you research the possibilities had you not,had the procedure. If there was fluid behind your retina, thst sugggests some level of increased pressure behind your retina. That suggests the possibility of a detached retina. That suggest a much more involved procedure and the realistic possibility of total or near total loss of vision in that eye.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">