• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

F Bomb from a prospective vendor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEPierce

I live in Florida. Two days ago I was searching online for an interstate moving company. I provided my email address and my cell phone number, and agreed to receive text messages from prospective vendors. One prospect sent me a detailed email with a decent bid. He also sent a generic text message to my cell phone, so I responded to the text message with a STOP command. The prospect then fired back a text saying only "F*CK YOU" - except he spelled it correctly.

I should add that should add that the text message was attached to a thread that clearly IDs his full name, business name, and phone #.

Isn't this illegal?

Just Blue

I live in Florida. Two days ago I was searching online for an interstate moving company. I provided my email address and my cell phone number, and agreed to receive text messages from prospective vendors. One prospect sent me a detailed email with a decent bid. He also sent a generic text message to my cell phone, so I responded to the text message with a STOP command. The prospect then fired back a text saying only "F*CK YOU" - except he spelled it correctly.

I should add that should add that the text message was attached to a thread that clearly IDs his full name, business name, and phone #.

Isn't this illegal?
No. It's really REALLY bad for business, but not illegal. Needless to say...Don't hire the foul mouthed bugger.

quincy

Isn't this illegal?
This would not be defamation. It sounds like a text sent in error. It makes the company look bad but, legally, there is no action for you to take. I suggest you hire another company.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
1: That a vendor would say that to a prospective customer.
2: That someone would take the time to seek out a legal website, register, and post the question, as opposed to simply blocking the number while mumbling under his/her breath about what a jerk the guy is.

quincy

2: That someone would take the time to seek out a legal website, register, and post the question, as opposed to simply blocking the number while mumbling under his/her breath about what a jerk the guy is.
Haha.

Yes. Not all stupid acts by people make the basis for a legal action. That some see a possible lawsuit in everyday irritants is a bit of a puzzle.

Just Blue

I was right...I love being right.

DEPierce

I "think" the foul mouthed one is the boss.
Correct, for his office. I've learned since then that there are many such regional offices all around the US, so my guess is that there's a corporate office somewhere...just haven't figured out the "where" part yet,

quincy

Correct, for his office. I've learned since then that there are many such regional offices all around the US, so my guess is that there's a corporate office somewhere...just haven't figured out the "where" part yet,
Sending a complaint to the corporate office is a good action to take. There is no legal action that I see that is available to take, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">