• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

F1 out of status due to university mistake...please help..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anilthumma

What is the name of your state?Hi all,

i am an F1 international student pursuing my Masters at an university in Alabama, US. i came to US in Fall 2003. i got transfered to another university in Alabama itself in Spring 2004. when i got transfered to this particular university they mis-printed my program compeltion date as May 2005, where as the correct date should be MAy 2006. i immediately went to my International Student Advisor and informed them about this . they recognised the mistake done and typed in the remarks section of the I-20 as " the program end date of the student has been typed wrongly. the correct program end date is May 2006." they even told me that it has been updated in the SEVIS.

i thought everything went on well. last week to my surprise i came to know that i was out of status since from MAy 2005. they informed me that the office personal never updated the date in SEVIS record where as it is clearly written on my I-20. when i was trying to contact them they are just asking me to wait until they call me . moreover to my fate or my bad luck i am in my last semester. i am getting graduated by this december. they are not helping me out and they are not acting fast . i am really tensed up now and in depression. any one kindly help me out.

and if there are any lawyers who are viewing this mesage kindly suggest me something or the other about my situation. please guys i am really suffering for the mistake done by the university official. please try to help me out with this situation.....

thank you one and all

HappyHusband

anilthumma said:
What is the name of your state?Hi all,

i am an F1 international student pursuing my Masters at an university in Alabama, US. i came to US in Fall 2003. i got transfered to another university in Alabama itself in Spring 2004. when i got transfered to this particular university they mis-printed my program compeltion date as May 2005, where as the correct date should be MAy 2006. i immediately went to my International Student Advisor and informed them about this . they recognised the mistake done and typed in the remarks section of the I-20 as " the program end date of the student has been typed wrongly. the correct program end date is May 2006." they even told me that it has been updated in the SEVIS.

i thought everything went on well. last week to my surprise i came to know that i was out of status since from MAy 2005. they informed me that the office personal never updated the date in SEVIS record where as it is clearly written on my I-20. when i was trying to contact them they are just asking me to wait until they call me . moreover to my fate or my bad luck i am in my last semester. i am getting graduated by this december. they are not helping me out and they are not acting fast . i am really tensed up now and in depression. any one kindly help me out.

and if there are any lawyers who are viewing this mesage kindly suggest me something or the other about my situation. please guys i am really suffering for the mistake done by the university official. please try to help me out with this situation.....

thank you one and all
Sounds like you are all worried over something that is not big deal. Your I-20 has the correct info, and you graduate in December.
So the SEVIS shows you out of status, I don't think anyone will kick you out of college and out of the country before you graduate.
Wait until they call you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">