• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

F1 visa stamping in last semester

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

palak

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I came to US on F2 visa then got my change of status to F1 visa in November 2019 and started college . My course will end in December 2020.
I am planning to get my F1 visa stamping in October 2020. What are the chances my Visa can be approved and stamping can be done in last semester of college ?

FlyingRon

I assume this is an issue for you because your F-2 duration of stay is up before the December of this year? Otherwise, there's no reason to get stamped. The F-1 conversion doesn't require it. Note that as soon as your course of study is over, your F-1 status ends (possibly including an additional OPT period). It matters not what the "stamp" says. If you intend to stay past the end of your program of study, you'd better find another status to adjust to.

t74

There requirements for F-1 do not change whether you get stamping before your course begins or in the last semester. Since a denied stamping will prevent you from completing the course, if there is reason that you are not clearly eligible for stamping, don't travel,

Reasons to be concerned include attending a for-profit school catering to foreign students known as a "diploma mill", other immigration petitions on your behalf indicating that you are unlikely to return to your home country at the completion of your study, ability to pay for the program, ...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">