• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

F2B IMMIGRANT VISA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

salum27

When is the NVC Schedule an appointment for me ?

Hello My mom is a green card holder she applied for me an f2b visa last five years ago my priority date is october 23, 2013 , I recevied a letter from NVC on october 7, 2018 saying The Department of State's National Visa Center NVC received your approved immigrant visa petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services USCIS. NVC's role is to ensure you are prepared for your immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General, and to schedule your interview appointment. I just paid the fees and submitted all the doucments and the DS 260 to them on ceac.state.gov , so my question now how long will take the NVC Schedule an appointment for me also after i submitted all the documents to them the NVC send me an email saying as below, The National Visa Center NVC received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas.NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in JERUSALEM, JRSM to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney if applicable

Waiting for the reply

The whole visa system is in a bit of a flux at the moment with President Trumps vow to end 'chain migration' which unfortunately may include you.
To guess how long it will take will be just that, a guess. When I applied for citizenship it took 2 years before I got my first interview, then another 2 before I was granted citizenship.
You are dealing with a government entity which is known to move slower than an asthmatic snail with a wooden leg.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">