• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Facing Termination if I do not abort my pregnancy...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

commentator

Well, it comes down to, honestly, is that this girl is asking us if she should consult with someone(what should I do?) because this manager is asking her to abort her baby (which he is the father of) and threatening to fire her if she doesn't. Sounds really really peculiar to me that she would have an idea that this was somehow....okay, or that he might somehow keep his agreement with her to give her a promotion, etc. send her to a country she really does enjoy working in if she does abort. I want to hear more about what the circumstances are under which she is working for him, size of the company and so forth. And if it is on the level, she needs to run, immediately to an attorney.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Pregency is a protected class by disablity law. Hire a laywer and sew.
Please post a citation to back up your assertion that "Pregency (sic) is a protected class by disability law."
Also, why would the OP need an attorney for assistance sewing?

LdiJ

Please post a citation to back up your assertion that "Pregency (sic) is a protected class by disability law."
Also, why would the OP need an attorney for assistance sewing?
A little too hair trigger on this one too?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is true that pregnancy is protected. It is not true that it is protected "under disability law". Pregnancy has its own individual protections and, with a few situation-specific exceptions, is in fact not considered a disability under the ADA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">