• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failed to Yield Row - Asking for advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eddy.zvl

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was given a ticket for failing to yield row - resulting in accident with no driver license. The driver hit me when I tried to turn left, I am aware I am at fault, and that nothing is in my favor and the fact that I have no driver license adds to that. However, the driver had his signal light to turn right into the opposite lane which resulted in me trying to drive off, thinking I was clear, resulting in the accident. I failed to document any evidence, or pictures but I do have a witness that was driving passenger with me. I'm guilty but I want to reduce the fee of the fine, how can I go about it as I do not have the means to pay an estimated $414 fine. Classes, obtaining my license before court date, etc.?

Would asking to do community service as opposed to paying the fee help in this scenario or would it be denied by the judge due to the case?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

I'm failing to see how the driver signaling makes it a sign that you can pull in front of him. There's 500' of ambiguity there.

What makes you think there is any "evidence" that is going to help you here. All it would do is cement your guilt?

You were only written up for failure to yield? Was there damage to the other vehicle? Were you insured or otherwise covered the damage?

Certainly the judge has the power to reduce the fine, but I'd avoid going in their thinking you have some entitlement or claims that you somehow weren't 100% at fault for your actions. Getting a new license and being able to show the other party was made whole will make you look better before the judge (and for gosshakes, dress reasonably, no gum or chaw, hands out of your pockets ,etc...). Pretend that you're making a plea to your most revered minister.

Just Blue

I'm failing to see how the driver signaling makes it a sign that you can pull in front of him. There's 500' of ambiguity there.

What makes you think there is any "evidence" that is going to help you here. All it would do is cement your guilt?

You were only written up for failure to yield? Was there damage to the other vehicle? Were you insured or otherwise covered the damage?

Certainly the judge has the power to reduce the fine, but I'd avoid going in their thinking you have some entitlement or claims that you somehow weren't 100% at fault for your actions. Getting a new license and being able to show the other party was made whole will make you look better before the judge (and for gosshakes, dress reasonably, no gum or chaw, hands out of your pockets ,etc...). Pretend that you're making a plea to your most revered minister.
OP was driving without a license. I highly doubt that s/he was insured. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">