• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failing to hire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stiches

Since moving to Duluth, Mn. nearly 2 years ago from Atlanta, my daughter and I have been unable to obtain a perm job in any of the medical centers. There are only two of them and 95% of all the other centers are conected with the two so that you have to go to there hr offices. One of the medical centers we can not even get an interview. We both have good work records and have not had this trouble in the past. My daughter has a slight southern accent and has been asked about this at eye doctors offices. I did talk to a lawyer up here and he told me "you have to understand the history of Duluth I went through the same problem when I moved here and I could not get a job so I went back to school and became a Lawyer and said that we would not get a job here as we are not from Duluth, Mn. What can we do besides moving? I have also been told that my age is againest me, I am 56. I have talked to several people from other places and they could not get hired either.

ALawyer

Unemployment in the US is at an all time low. In many areas of the country there are help wanted signs everywhere. In so many places skilled help is impossible to find. Un Silicon Valley, although housing is unaffordable, you'd be offered a job at good pay if you breathe and know how to say "computer".

While age discrimination is illegal we all recognize it is somethimes practiced sub rosa. But that shouldn't impact your daughter.

I can't guess what is going on. But if Duluth is "closed" to non-natives why are you staying there? Are you a cold nut? There's no law to protect you from stupidily of the locals to hire only other locals. This is a free country and move!

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">