• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to appear warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OBREYNA

What is the name of your state? Texas

no longer in the area where the tickets were issued. mailing address at time was fiance's (at the time) parents house. I never recieved the notice to appear. was mailed to their house. my fiance, at the time, said he took care of the violations since it was his and his mothers fault i got them in the first place. I was told i HAD to go to work with him, he worked with his dad as masons. I had a medical problem that required me to be near a bathroom. that day there was no access to the one at the house he was working in the backyard. because of what he was doing at the time and the urgent need to go I just took his truck and went to the gas station. his mother went too but wouldnt drive. cop stopped me. but thats all in the past but haunting me. no longer with him. he didnt pay them. warrants exist. cant pay them unless i get a job cant get a job unless i have a license to drive, live in boonies now, I got the courage to leave that abusive relationship, i cant afford to pay a lawyer from that area, already spoke with one and fee is too high. warrant officer in that municipality said to write the judge and she may just lift the warrants and lower the fees but he didnt answer this question. i need a question answered... if i did that and she does lift the warrants does texas allow you to get a license before those tickets are paid off completely as long as the warrants are taken care of or am i going to have to get the judges permission to get a license. I have a id but thats going to expire next year. im desperate and need a job that pays alot more than my work at home job, but without a way to get to work im screwed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">