• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Control

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Combs

Recently, I was involved in a vehicle accident in Columbus Ohio. As I was moving up to a driveway leaving a shopping mall there was a car turning left and a truck directly behind the car turning left. I moved to the right lane and began to turn right out of the driveway. As I was turning the car did turn left however, the truck (who did not have his turn signal on) turned into me as I was turning right. Three policemen arrived on the scene. The first two men clearly stated the other driver was at fault because of the positions of the vehicles at point of impact. The final policeman (the supervisor) stated I was at fault because we were in a parking lot and there were no lane markers. He said it did not matter what lane the vehicles were actually in. He cited me for Failure to Control. I am considering going to court because the driveway where the accident occured, although the were no lane markers, is 48 foot wide, large enough to fit approximately 9 vehicles through at the same time. It was clear the vehicle was in the wrong area of the driveway to turn right and 2 policemen at the scene agreed the other driver was at fault. Do I have a case, please advise?

P

peter

If you were not in such a hurry this accident would not have happened.

You could have waited till this car either turned or went straight...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Combs:
Recently, I was involved in a vehicle accident in Columbus Ohio. As I was moving up to a driveway leaving a shopping mall there was a car turning left and a truck directly behind the car turning left. I moved to the right lane and began to turn right out of the driveway. As I was turning the car did turn left however, the truck (who did not have his turn signal on) turned into me as I was turning right. Three policemen arrived on the scene. The first two men clearly stated the other driver was at fault because of the positions of the vehicles at point of impact. The final policeman (the supervisor) stated I was at fault because we were in a parking lot and there were no lane markers. He said it did not matter what lane the vehicles were actually in. He cited me for Failure to Control. I am considering going to court because the driveway where the accident occured, although the were no lane markers, is 48 foot wide, large enough to fit approximately 9 vehicles through at the same time. It was clear the vehicle was in the wrong area of the driveway to turn right and 2 policemen at the scene agreed the other driver was at fault. Do I have a case, please advise? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Yes. Plead innocent, and then Subpoena the two officers to the trial to testify.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">