• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to file quit claim deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GraystoneManor

What is the name of your state? michigan
I sold a commercial building last year on a land contract he never recorded it buyer failed to pay I took him to court forced him to pay. Paid me in full but refuses to record deed had me write 4 different quit claim deeds finally having me write a deed to his daughter. They are running a store out of building, I am worried I will be sued if someone gets hurt they don't have insurance or have not paid the taxes. I have begged and pleaded since March 2018 to file it. Can I write a new quit claim deed to a new person who is willing to take it over.

FlyingRon

Alas, only the first deed you signed conveys anything. The rest are spurious.
Nothing prevents you from recording the deed yourself other than having to pay the transfer tax and filing fee.

I'm confused. Who is taking over what? I thought you said the other person paid you for the property. You can't sell the property to someone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">