• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to keet Doctor's Appointment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ketancp

Hi,

I had an HMO (CIGNA Health Care) and in February, 2000, I visited a Orthopedic Surgeon who was reffered by my family doctor. The doctor ask me to get surgery on my knee and get schedule for it. I scheduled date and time for the surgery and before the surgery I had to go for pre-surgical tests. However, in that time I had an emergency and I had to leave this country. Because of this, I couldn't be able to meet the schedule date or call to cancle the appointment. Now the surgeon is charging me $350.00 for "Failure to keep the Appointment" which my HMO decline to pay. Recently I got a letter from the collector agency to pay this or My credit is in zepordy.

Please advise me on this and am I responsible to pay this even if I don't appear for the pre-surgical tests. I will really be appreaciated for your kind reply. THANKS

P

peter

YES you are.....there is NOTHING short of your parents dying or in intensive care, that will absove you from paying!

You have a bad knee you are not supposed to be running around and flying to another country.

pay the money, and get the knee fixed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">