• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Yield in Austin, TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GabrielM

I received a failure to yield in Austin, TX after I got into an accident (Oct 29th). I haven't pleaded guilty or not guilty and I don't have a court date. Could I fight this with a high possibility of success? If so, how can I go about doing this?

(If I haven't provided enough info then don't hesitate to let me know).

Just Blue

I received a failure to yield in Austin, TX after I got into an accident (Oct 29th). I haven't pleaded guilty or not guilty and I don't have a court date. Could I fight this with a high possibility of success? If so, how can I go about doing this?

(If I haven't provided enough info then don't hesitate to let me know).
Yeah...not enough information. How did the accident happen? What were the finding of the officer that responded to the accident?

GabrielM

Yeah...not enough information. How did the accident happen? What were the finding of the officer that responded to the accident?
I was turning into a grocery store during rush hour as part of my delivery service job. Two out of the three possible lanes were waiting for me to turn, so I (thoroughly) checked the third for any incoming traffic - not well enough, because as I was turning somebody hit me.

The officer arrived late to the scene, after the firemen attempted to move my (unmovable) vehicle out of the road. He saw that my front passenger-side tire was dented in and that her driver-side bumper was damaged. Based off of that he issued me the citation.

Did you fail to yield?
She hit me as I was turning, so I suppose so

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yep - it's pretty clear that you caused the accident by failing to yield. I suspect it's going to be difficult to beat the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">