• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to yield to emergency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sc182

What is the name of your state? CA, my question is: I was pulled over for yielding to an emergency vehicle. I was passing an intersection didn’t see the emergency vehicle that was waiting to cross. I was in the far left lane and wasn’t distracted I saw the green light kept driving, when I looked to my right as I was passing the intersection, I saw the ambulance lights, I then slowed down in the lane I was in (far left) cause I didn’t know which way he was gonna turn and didn’t want to be in the way. I saw the cop behind me with his lights on and when I was able to get over to the right and pull over. He told me that he pulled me over for not yielding and that the ambulance had been there for 5 mins waiting. If I would’ve saw the ambulance I would’ve pulled over or stopped before crossing the intersection. What should I do?

FlyingRon

Choices are the same with any ticket.

Pay the fine and get the point.
Submit a TBD.
See if driving school would be offered (if you've not done in in 18 months) and take that (pay the fine plus the school fee plus whatever the school wants for tuition).
Go to your arraignment and plead not guilty and come back for trial.

Slowing down is not a proper response. Move right and STOP.

What is the name of your state? CA, my question is: I was pulled over for yielding to an emergency vehicle. I was passing an intersection didn’t see the emergency vehicle that was waiting to cross. I was in the far left lane and wasn’t distracted I saw the green light kept driving, when I looked to my right as I was passing the intersection, I saw the ambulance lights, I then slowed down in the lane I was in (far left) cause I didn’t know which way he was gonna turn and didn’t want to be in the way. I saw the cop behind me with his lights on and when I was able to get over to the right and pull over. He told me that he pulled me over for not yielding and that the ambulance had been there for 5 mins waiting. If I would’ve saw the ambulance I would’ve pulled over or stopped before crossing the intersection. What should I do?
If you contest it like FlyingRon mentions, If you lose the Trial By Written Declaration you can file a Trial De Novo and get a 2nd shot to win in person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">