• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fair Credit Reporting Act usage in the workplace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rbenefit

I live and work in the state of Ohio and my current employer is requiring the employees that work on the property of a single business contract it holds to sign an authorization for the employer to obtain a report from a consumer reporting agency. Can the employer require those employees to authorize this as we are already employed and not being considered for a promotion? Can we be legally terminated if we refuse to authorize the report? Can they alienate the associates that are servicing one contract the employer holds without implementing this practice company wide?
The employer is also requiring the associates servicing the contract to submit to mandatory drug testing and requiring it to be performed on our own time. Is this legal or should we be paid for the time we spend fulfilling the drug test requirement? I realize this is a lot of questions but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">