• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fair market value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

megadadie

my home was hit by sept 7th hail storm in peoria az. i was wondering how do i establish fair markey value for my roof the reason im asking this is my insurance companie tells me my roofing contractors price is to high. well the same contractor has done both my neighbors roofs they have american family and state farm.my contractor has completed over 10 roofs on my street and has not had to change is pricing on any of the ten roofs he has completed. my neighors and my roof are the exact same size they are track homes yet there insurance companies payed them 1200 higher than my insurance companie. would fair market value be the pricing state farm american family farmers all state farm hxartford has paid my nieghbors. my contractor uses xactimate software for his pricing as does american family state farm and farmers do as well. how do i get my insurance company to pay what state farm american family farmers insurance is paying so i can have my contractor install my roof. thanks for any help. how do i estabilish fair market rate

ALawyer

Call the Arizona State Insurance Department and complain and ask its assistance.

You could also ask the insurance company to arrange to fix it with a qualified contractor of its choice.

True, some contractors overcharge and try to "steal" money from insurance companies by overpricing. But the insurance company owes you an answer.

IF your house is the same size as the others, and the other companies had no problem with the pricing, that sounds as if the pricing was c0mmercially reasonable.

You may choose to just get the work done by the contractor you found (if it rains and the house is damaged you'd have a bigger problem), and let the insurance company pay what it is prepared to pay, and tell them you are going to get a lawyer to collect the full amount (or the rest) as you believe they are engaging in unfair claim settlement practices.

JETX

Each insurance adjuster sets their own values... .depending on the specifics of the roof, age, condition, etc. There really is no such thing as 'fair market value' on roof estimates (just like the estimates for car repairs are different for each shop).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">