• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake rent agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tania32517

What is the name of your state? Oregon
Hi! I need an advice please as I am in a very awkward situation.
4 years ago my boyfriend got a house (it was bought as a rental house through his business). He offered me and my kids to live in it for free of charge but did make me to sign a fake agreement (he said it was for his bookkeeper). I want to get out of this relationship now but I worry he may come after me someday and make me pay what I “owe” him for all these 4 years. I took a very good care of his house while living there and paid all my utility bills.
I asked him to write me a note that would say I don’t owe him any thing but I am not sure how to do it right. He said he would do it for me. Please help me to figure out what I should include in writing so I know I am doing it right way. Thank you!

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Oregon
Hi! I need an advice please as I am in a very awkward situation.
4 years ago my boyfriend got a house (it was bought as a rental house through his business). He offered me and my kids to live in it for free of charge but did make me to sign a fake agreement (he said it was for his bookkeeper). I want to get out of this relationship now but I worry he may come after me someday and make me pay what I “owe” him for all these 4 years. I took a very good care of his house while living there and paid all my utility bills.
I asked him to write me a note that would say I don’t owe him any thing but I am not sure how to do it right. He said he would do it for me. Please help me to figure out what I should include in writing so I know I am doing it right way. Thank you!
So there was some type of fraud between you and the STBX and you are asking us to help you out of it?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please consult with an attorney about this matter. Even if you didn't have an attitude with the volunteer responder, the fact is that what you are asking us for is beyond the scope of this forum.

Tania32517

Thank you, Zigner!
World is a much better place with nice, non-judgmental people like you are.
I wasn’t sure what this forum was about.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you, Zigner!
World is a much better place with nice, non-judgmental people like you are.
I wasn’t sure what this forum was about.
Honestly - the first post (Just Blue's) was NOT judgemental. The fact is that you conspired to falsify a rental document and now you're worried that it's going to bite you in the butt. That's not a judgment, it's a fact.

Tania32517

Honestly - the first post (Just Blue's) was NOT judgemental. The fact is that you conspired to falsify a rental document and now you're worried that it's going to bite you in the butt. That's not a judgment, it's a fact.
I didn’t know he bought it through his business. He said he bought it for me and us to live there someday together.
I regret I signed a fake agreement. But even without any agreements I would want a written note from him that I don’t owe him anything. He offered me this place to live in free of charge before I moved in.
The way people formulate facts are judgmental sometimes too. I saw it in the very first response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">