• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fake Training program/fired from training/internship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michalondrus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Good morning
My name is Michal Ondrus.I am from Slovakia and I am on florida at the moment.I came here in September as a Trainee.My sponsor was AHA[American hospitality academy]and I was supposed to stay for 12 months.My training said-Hospitality management Training.I was very excited about that and I was ready for new challenges and to learn.Even thought I spent 5000$ just to get here[flights,insurance and progam fees]I was very happy that I have this opportunity.

A few days after I arrived I found out that nothing what I was expecting is going to happen.The whole Training program was a BIG LIE!!!
AHA does it with a lot of people like I found out.AHA gets people to the states who thinks they are going to be on hospitality management training,but it is not true.
I became a cheap worker in a hotel marco beach ocean resort.I was put in an amateur bar to work.Non of the training was happening,none of the rotation was happening and non of anything which was in my documents was true...

After talking to the managers in marco beach ocean resort and complaining that we did not come to the hotel to become a cheap workers but we came to do our Management Hospitality Training ,we were told-we hired you as a breakfeast server,you are gonna be breakfeast server for 12 months!
After that happened,many people talked to the AHA but nothing was happening,nothing changed.
We found out that AHA is part of this business.AHA knows about how does it works,AHA is doing this kind of business with a few hotels and AHA is making money on people like me.AHA programs are just big lies,AHA programs are just on a paper,but in a real life it is just a way how to get people to work for a very little money in a places where nobody wants to work.

With my experiences-in 4 and 5 stars ships,hotels and fine dining restaurants i was put in this amateur hotel which doesn't deserve even 2 diamonds.With my last positions-Head bartender and Restaurant and Bar Supervisor I was put as a bartender in an amateur bar with plastic cups serving hot dogs on a plastic plate!My bar supervisor was a man who was truck driver before and knows nothing about the ****tails and bar standarts,banquet manager is an educated veterinarian and F&B manager is a man hiding in his office who never give any support to his employees and lies to everyone...

Now,after two and a half months I got fired from the hotel.The reason-business level is very slow and we hired too many people!There are people working on H2B visas who did not pay that much money to get here and who are here as a workers to earn money.Allthought the company prefers to fire people who are here on J1 visas,who paid so much money just to get here and who are on Trainings\Internships.

We couldn’t believe that Trainees/Interns can be fired just like that with 2 days notice!
After all that interwievs,after all that documents work and after all that money we paid…
Everything what we get from marco beach ocean resort and from AHA is-sorry,the hotel is very slow!
I don’t think marco beach ocean resort can do things like that and I don’t think AHA can do it either.

I paid for 12 months Training program!
I paid for Hospitality management training.
I did not Pay for two and a half months visa for work/
None of what I paid for has happened !
And that’s why I requested my fees for the training program back.But AHA is not wiling to do so.
They offered me a stay in a country club after marco beach ocean resort fired me,but of course I am not interested in any cooperation with AHA anymore.I am not going to work as some kind of assistant server with my experiences.That is not what I paid for!

1.I definitely request my money back!
2.Somebody needs to stop them-AHA!

I hope that I can find the right people who will help me and who will help a lot of other people.

I can provide all the details,documents and I am ready to cooperate.
There are many people who stay behind me and are supporting me,because they are in similar situation like I am.They are too willing to talk.I can provide their names and numbers.

Please let me know if you can help me or who should I contact.

Thank you very much

Michal Ondrus

vitabrevis

I would definately spend the hundred bucks or so to consult with an attorney. File a lawsuit, they are certainly taking advantage of others from other countries. Your attorney consultation may be free, depending on who you choose.

Also, consider talking with law enforcement. They may be able to direct you.

VB

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">