• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fall on company property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tiffanyrey7645

Williamville, NY.- I fell on company property on 2/7/19 due to icy sidewalks. It's on camera,had witnesses, and I also went to company doctor. On 2/8/19, my pain was bad so I stayed home to rest. Upon, returning to work on 2/11/19, I was advised they will only pay me for the initial day of the fall. Since I'm an hourly employee, I was advised I had to use my own sick or vacation time to be paid for 2/8/19. Does this sound legally, correct?

quincy

Williamville, NY.- I fell on company property on 2/7/19 due to icy sidewalks. It's on camera,had witnesses, and I also went to company doctor. On 2/8/19, my pain was bad so I stayed home to rest. Upon, returning to work on 2/11/19, I was advised they will only pay me for the initial day of the fall. Since I'm an hourly employee, I was advised I had to use my own sick or vacation time to be paid for 2/8/19. Does this sound legally, correct?
What was the conclusion of the company doctor who examined you?

It would have been nice for your employer to pay you for an additional day off but legally they were not obligated to.

Tiffanyrey7645

Thank you. I just wanted to make sure it was handled properly. Its crazy that employees have to use their own personal time for recovery if it's under 5 days to collect WC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">