• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false accusation of crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



my boyfriend was accused of harrasement in a store that he threatened someone. he was at work, has boss statement and time card copy, noterized statement from person that took him and picked him up from work, and person that was with the driver. have other proof the person has lied. will it probably be dismissed? will she be charged with perjury? going to nonjury trial. need advice soon. can he sue for false arrest?



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Okay, if he has this solid proof, the charge will most likely be dismissed (make sure it is off his credit report too just in case they have it in his record). As to what he can do, she cannot be charged with perjury unless she took the stand or made her testimony under oath (in court or in deposition). He can charge her with abuse of process, possible defamation, possible false accusations.

If he was arrested, he would sue under an abuse of process theory.

You need to hire a lawyer to defend this in court if you havent done so already AND you need a civil litigator to sue this person who made the false accusations.

To do this, try attorneypages.com or your state bar association (call 411). Once you get a hold of bar association, ask for lawyer referral. In either case, once you find a lawyer, check their record of discipline with the state bar association.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential