• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Advertising?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

powersurge7769

What is the name of your state? Washington

Would this company have to sell me this product at the posted price if it is not a mistake? (The price is posted as they meant to post it).

This is probably a case of Too Good To Be True.

I was browsing for cheaper transportation options when I came to a web site that has a Segway i170 HT advertised with no disclaimer as Price: $0.00. I put it in my shopping cart and went through the checkout. I wrote a note that I was interested in the item at the price posted.

They contacted me a couple of days later saying that Segway does not allow dealers to post a price. If I wanted a Segway to contact them for the actual price.

I responded to them that they do have a price posted.

They told me to "wake up if I thought they were there to give away a product".

I let them know that the FTC site states that if there is special pricing or limited supply that they have to post a disclaimer and/or not provide a "purchase" button. I didn't hear from them so I made contact asking if they were going to fill my order as submitted. They told me that they have sold all of those items and have no plans to restock.

Their web site still has the item advertised for $0.00. There is still no disclaimer, my order is still sitting there in their system.

No money has been charged to my credit card at this time.

Leagally where do I stand and what is the best route.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">