• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False alarm fees for home alarm system

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Magicman3284

I live in Holly Hill Florida, I installed a monitored home alarm, contacted everyone I needed to and was never told of any false alarm feed, I had a few false alarms, I’m handicapped, a senior citizen, and take chronic pain meds, talked to the police each time, a couple of months afte the first one I recurved a bill from Holly Hill finance dept.
contacted them and was told they did not know who to contact in regards to these fees, received several more bills, now they are putting a lien on my house for fees I was never made aware of.
need help!!!

adjusterjack

I’m handicapped, a senior citizen, and take chronic pain meds
Didn't stop you from signing a contract for the monitored security system which very likely included a paragraph or two about false alarm fees. Did you read the contract? If not, I suggest you read it now and figure out what your liability is for false alarm fees.

Magicman3284

Didn't stop you from signing a contract for the monitored security system which very likely included a paragraph or two about false alarm fees. Did you read the contract? If not, I suggest you read it now and figure out what your liability is for false alarm fees.
The false alarm fees are NOT from the alarm company they are from the city of Holly Hill Florida, no contract, no paragraph.

LdiJ

The false alarm fees are NOT from the alarm company they are from the city of Holly Hill Florida, no contract, no paragraph.
That is very standard. Most communities will charge false alarm fees after the first one or two false alarms, annually. It costs money for the police to respond to false alarms. This is not something that the alarm company has any control over.

What you CAN ask the alarm company to do is to review the installation of your alarm system to make sure that nothing is overly sensitive. You can also ask the alarm company to attempt to contact you before sending the police.

Magicman3284

That is very standard. Most communities will charge false alarm fees after the first one or two false alarms, annually. It costs money for the police to respond to false alarms. This is not something that the alarm company has any control over.

What you CAN ask the alarm company to do is to review the installation of your alarm system to make sure that nothing is overly sensitive. You can also ask the alarm company to attempt to contact you before sending the police.
Didn’t know that, thought they would inform me of this when I contacted them when I first installed the alarm or at least after the initial false alarm.
thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">