• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False allegation of soliciting murder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Smatchet

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? AL

I am presently involved in a paternity/cs case with 5 mo old son's dad. (thread in cs forum addressing those issues)

In a phone conversation this a.m. he stated that he doesn't want me to be owner of a life insurance policy on him because I "asked him to kill my exhusband"!!! This is absurd and completely untrue! This is the first time I have ever heard him say anything like this and I am floored. Help . . . what on earth, if anything, can I do to stop him from making comments like that to other people?

Some Random Guy

Talk to your lawyer about this allegation.

It seems very odd that he would bring this up in a private phone conversaton where both of you knew the allegation to be false. I suspect that he either had a third party listening in or else he was recording the call.

Smatchet

Some Random Guy said:
Talk to your lawyer about this allegation.

It seems very odd that he would bring this up in a private phone conversaton where both of you knew the allegation to be false. I suspect that he either had a third party listening in or else he was recording the call.
Even more odd is that we have discussed life insurance in at least 10 other conversations over the past year, and this was the first mention he's made of this supposed solicitation.

I responded by telling him he is insane, I never would suggest such a thing.

Some Random Guy

Unfortunately, in regards to your original post, you probably can't do anything to prevent him from making these comments to other people until after he makes the comments. At which poiont, you should start by getting your lawyer involved for a civil suit.

Smatchet

Some Random Guy said:
Unfortunately, in regards to your original post, you probably can't do anything to prevent him from making these comments to other people until after he makes the comments. At which poiont, you should start by getting your lawyer involved for a civil suit.
Well that just stinks; it's probably too much to hope for that he'll keep this newest bs to himself. Given that he will probably tell others, would it be beneficial to a later civil suit to have my atty send him a cm letter advising him that communicating this false allegation will/may result in litigation?

Also, if he does spread this lie, is this harassment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">