• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false allegations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Can anything be done about an ex-wife who continually makes false allegations of abuse to Protective Services, the court, Psychologists, etc. She also, at each visitation, sends a letter stating that my boyfirend does not parent their children correctly in her book, (examples of inappropriate parenting, taking earrings out of daughter's ears, taking nail polish off, etc). She states that this is emotional abuse. Can anything be done? All cases taken to the court, psychologist, and Protective Services have been unsubstantiated. Which we knew they would, because there is no abuse going on in his care.



Lic to be a jerk

I am going through the same thing, my girlfriend makes false claim against me. The do nothing to the women who make false claim because the women's act bill is totaly bias against men and they know this that's why no one cares. It is a bunch of B.S. I hope there will be enought men one of these day who get together and put a stop to the women DA's who just like to railroad men just to score Their political brownie points. I don't know what State your in but this is happing all across the country. I read in the net over 12 people committed suicide in Santa Clara County because of the DA's office buldozing inocent people who where made false claim against by women, and they do not give a ****.


Trust me you are not alone, my boyfriend and i going through the same thing and unecessary litigation like you wouldn't believe. It all depends in what state you live in. We have to document and save every letter sent by her and evry staement made by her. video tape when she coaches the child to say he is being abused. unfortunely some psycholist now the trith and know these women do this on purpose then again some see $$ in front of them they dont care of the outcome. But it is ture if you document everything, notify the courts of her actions , seek legal advice and you should be able to file a motion for modification of custody from her to you.When a parent who has custody make disrespectful and abusive staements against the other parent and attempts to wean the child away, the decree can properly modify and the custody changed.


You just have to document everything. It sucks, but that's what you have to do. If she keeps pulling this crap, I'd consider taking her to court to have custody modified. The custodial parent is supposed to encourage a relationship with the non custodial parent, not bad mouth them and interfere with that relationship. My fiance is on both sides of the fence, a CP and an NCP.

If they fail to do this and it can be proven, custody can be changed. Many judges do not like interference with the child/parent relationship. If she is making all these unfounded claims of abuse, you can use that against her to prove she is interfering.

At the same time, no matter what, don't bad mouth her to the kids. No matter what we think of our respective ex's, she is still their Mom and they love her and need her. Plus in the end, the children will have more respect for you because of how you handled it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential