• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False claims of FCC authorization and self-voiding warranty policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

priority1bc

What is the name of your state? ME
Company in question state: CA

Our competition for business telephone repair falsely claims to be FCC authorized, FCC certified, etc.. in all their advertisements. There is no such thing and we have been trying to get them to stop these obvious false claims.

They also have a warranty policy covering a known defective part for 2 years. This part typically lasts 6-18 months, not 2 years! They offer this warranty in their advertisement with HUGE bold text and then far down in the middle of the ad they hide (in small text) that the warranty does not cover 100% of the reasons the part breaks in the first place. They also provide their customers with a "failure prevention guide" that makes false claims at why this part breaks and explain how you can take extreme precautions to keep the part working for a longer period of time.

What are my choices here? I know the FCC situation would be easier to deal with but I am just as concerned about the fake warranty.

racer72

As a small business owner, I have found it is much easier and better for business to improve my business rather that attack and try to bring my competition down to my level. If you want to be a thorn in their side, hire an attorney to research all applicable federal and state laws and see if you have a cause for action. This will likely take a few wheelbarrow loads of cash, have fun.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">