• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false diagnosis

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


patty roraff

In Dec. of 1999 I went to the ER seeking attention for what I thought was a heart attack. The ER Dr. informed my personal Dr. that my apparent heart attack was caused by cocaine and alcohol abuse. I have never used cocaine or abused alcohol. However these comments are in a permanent record and because of this it has damaged my reputation and jeopardized future medical care. What can I do to get these false comments removed ? My name is Patty Roraff and I live in Moncks Corner, S.C.



Dear Patty:

Were you tested for drugs/alcohol at the hospital? If the ER doc made these comments without medical proof, i.e., standard blood testing, he has defamed you.

Contact the State Board of Medical Examiners and file a complaint against him. Also, get copies of your records from the hospital, as there must be something to indicate WHY he would make such a derogatory statement. Take them to an attorney and file a lawsuit against him.

The statute of limitations is only 2 years in S.C., (I think), so you don't have much time. Get to work NOW!


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential