• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Documentation in Personnel File

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

techdirector

I'm in Louisiana.

Situation:

IT Director for a public agency. Unclassified position. At-will employment. Feel I'm being intentionally harrassed by Executive Director of agency based upon..

Insertion of false documention into my service records.

Refusal by ED to grant my requests (provided for in our personnel policy) to meet and discuss contents of service records and to obtain copies of those records.

Refusal to give me performance evaluation (two months overdue). All prior eval grades for the past nine years have been "exceeds expectations" or "excellent".

Sudden and capricious changes in project priorities that I feel is an effort to keep me "off-balace".

Lots more to the story, but I'm interested in opinions regarding the above, and whether any would be construed legally as harrasement.

mlane58

techdirector said:
I'm in Louisiana.

Situation:

IT Director for a public agency. Unclassified position. At-will employment. Feel I'm being intentionally harrassed by Executive Director of agency based upon..

Insertion of false documention into my service records.

Refusal by ED to grant my requests (provided for in our personnel policy) to meet and discuss contents of service records and to obtain copies of those records.

Refusal to give me performance evaluation (two months overdue). All prior eval grades for the past nine years have been "exceeds expectations" or "excellent".

Sudden and capricious changes in project priorities that I feel is an effort to keep me "off-balace".

Lots more to the story, but I'm interested in opinions regarding the above, and whether any could be construed legally as harrasement.
Not remotely close to the legal definition of harassment. To meet that definition, the employee must be able to show that s/he is being subjected to either sexual harassment or illegal discrimination under Title VII (race, religion, national origin, age etc.). It has nothing to do with the atmosphere of your workplace, no matter how unpleasant it may be.

techdirector

Thank you for your rapid responses to my question.

Is there anything regarding the above situation that would be considered illegal?

Last edited:

mlane58

techdirector said:
Thank you for your rapid responses to my question.

Is there anything regarding the above situation that would be considered illegal?
Nothing at all from what you provided.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">