• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Domestic Violence Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lost Boys2

Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Louisiana
To sum up the story: an agument insued between an 18 yr. old girl and a 19 yr. old boy (my son). This is the second time and her parents are fully involved in pressing charges. He leaned on the hood of her car, dented in, so her dad ( mother is the owner) pressed property damage charges, and the domestic abuse charge. The girl made a statement that my son didn't touch her, the police didn't listen just arrested my son and he sits in jail while the girl says she is trying to get ahold of the DA's office to make sure they understand there was nothing physical involved (her word anyway). A bond of $500 was set for the property damage and we are now waiting for the judge to make a decision on the domestic abuse charge. Unfortunately just 37 days previous the same charge was filed and a court date set for the 5th of July. I have no idea if or what the judge will decide on a bond for the D. A. chg. I can't get an attorney to talk to me they are too busy or want $100 consultation fee. I will be leaving to find the car to take pictures, don't know if it will help or not, and hope no charge can come against me for taking the pictures. So how can I fight the property charge and dispute the domestic chg. without an attorney?? Is it possible?


Senior Member
You can't fight anything. you have no dog in this fight. Your 19 year old needs an attorney and anger management.

I can't believe you are even defending his actions, twice over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential