• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Hassassment charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bounty Hunter59

What is the name of your state? Virginia.
What can I do to protect myself after one of my employees files a false sexual harrassment charge in retaltion to disciplinary action. The employee several months ago was a friendly, consciencous worker. She however is very rough in her language. This is a factory setting with all types of joking and teasing being the norm. Now because I had to issue a transaction for absenteeism she has taken a comment from months ago(She has never said she was offended or suggested I had been out of line in my dealings with her ever) and is now using that as a charge for sexual harrassment. I have never asked, implied or suggested in any way that I was interested in her or implied that she could be promoted or demoted or anything remotely connected to any sexual situation. My comment she is using against me was durring one of her bad days at work I asked another employee"What had got her panties in a knot?" She later heard about it and on several occasions later joked and laughed about it. It was never a problem then as she talks much stronger than that on a regular basis. This was done out of anger and has no connection to the matter at hand. Now my manager is conducting a full scale investigation. Of which I am not sure of the outcome.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The best way you can protect yourself is to cooperate fully in the investigation, telling the investigator exactly what happened and why. If the facts are as you say, and the investigator is even remotely competant, there should be no problem with the outcome. Please remember that no matter how bogus you may think the claim, the company is required by law to do an investigation when a complaint is filed. Their doing the investigation is not an indication that you're going to be railroaded, but is the company taking seriously their responsibilities under the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">