• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Imprisonment with use of a gun by a security guard - deputies no help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

I used to know a few people that carried them. Swivels, clam shells, single snap, etc. The old duffers that used to carry these have long since retired. The last two I knew of retired about 15 years ago and even they no longer carried those holsters because department regs changed more than 20 years ago. I suspect that unless you go way out of your way to look for one at a gun show or online, you're not going to find one. I seriously doubt the security guard had such a holster unless he was very old school and not at all concerned with weapon security. Even if, for some reason, he had one, it doesn't change the facts and the legal nothingness.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The Security guard was there to allow cars from the small street into the main street. he was doing to the job of a school crossing guard ...
No, he was NOT doing the job of a crossing guard. He was doing traffic control.

PayrollHRGuy

My witness passenger says that he had his finger in the ring of the trigger.
Clearly neither you or your witness know anything about firearms or the holsters used to carry them. If the firearm was in the holster it would be close to impossible for his finger to be on the on "the ring of the trigger'. Otherwise, known as the trigger guard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">