• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False info on my SUV vehicle purchase contract purposely done by the dealer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HonestyPolicy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I recently purchased an SUV. It was at a rather small car lot, but pretty notable in my city amongst my peers. After signing the paper work (when I got home that evening) , I noticed that the mileage on the SUV did not match the mileage that the car dealer wrote on the contract. In fact, the car dealer wrote about 20,000 miles less on the contract that was actually on the SUV odometer. I contemplated this situation for about a day or so and then decided to contact the car lot because I did not want the car lot to get into any legal trouble. After speaking with one of the workers at that dealership, I was told that the person who sold me the car did that so that the bank would accept the loan requested to be financed. I felt horrible about this because I am a Christian woman. I do not agree with getting over on anyone or bending the rules no matter what the circumstances. It has been about 8 days now since I purchased the SUV. What can be done about the situation? Can I renig on the deal? Is the contract legally void since there was falsified information? Who should I contact regarding this matter? Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">