• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sindeee

What is the name of your state?WI

My ex husband had just filed bankruptcy in AZ. He has listed me as a creditor, which would put me on the hook for his bills totaling more than $45,000. When looking over the schedules he put my house, which is in my name only, and the loan is in my name as his debt he also put debt that no longer exists because I paid it. He put my credit cards as his debt, which has also been paid. He put down expense that he doesn't have to make it look like he as no excess income so that the Chapter 7 won't be changed to a chapter 13.

I requested a hearing on the errors on the schedules. That is this coming Friday the 9th. Does anyone know what I can expect? I don't have a lawyer and can't afford one.

Also I have made a motion for discovery, filed the adversary complaint, and asked for a relief from automatic stay. I have not heard from his lawyer, the trustee I have not gotten any of the documents I asked for. Can they just ignore me because I don’t have a lawyer?

If any body has any information about how I can defend myself and what I should be doing next I really need some advice.

Side Note: I think it stinks that someone can run away with his girlfriend, travel all over the country, run up thousands of $ in credit card debt, than claim bankruptcy and stick me with his BS. Also that they can put anything on the schedules and if no one bothers to ask, no one checks, and he gets away with it. These are real reason that someone would have to file bankruptcy and this is not one! No one the lawyers are changing. My fear is that these new laws will only hurt the people that really need help and the cheats will continue to get away with this BS. The legal system is this country STINKS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">