• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MB5764

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania: A State Police officer left a message for my boyfriend to call him back in regard to a civil matter related to my boyfriend's workplace, that the officer was trying to make sure wasn't a criminal matter. I called the officer back for my boyfriend and gave the officer the correct details of the case.

My boyfriend hadn't wanted the people at his workplace to know my real name (for a simple reason too long to explain here) and so he had been referring to me at work by another name. When the police officer asked me my name and birthdate on the phone, without thinking it through, I gave the name my boyfriend had been using for me at his work. Not my real name!

Am I going to be arrested for giving a false name to the police?

Thanks for helping.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">