• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False report and arrest

• Thread starter not lQQking 2 good
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

not lQQking 2 good

I need help in determining what my options are.

I entered into a contract which was a trade agreement. I would do work for another in exchange for personal property. I was given a "substitute" in place of the property to use as an offer of "good faith", until the
"exact" property agreed upon was delivered.

The substitute property turned out to be property reported by a 3rd party as stolen. Who is a business associate of the guy I had worked for. After investigating, the Detective on the case found the theft report was due to negligence of both parties. The guy I did work for had taken the property and claimed he "forgot" to turn in paperwork (not to mention money!) which in turn informs the complaintant (who are business associates) of his having taken the property as a
potential sell..

The complaintant and the other party have a stipulation of their "working relationship" which allows the taking of a property....however, it is allowable ONLY with the notion property has been or will be
sold, and reported as such "immediately". None of which where applied. The complaintant made no efforts to locate the property even though the other party and several other people in a like position could have had possession. If either one of them had not been negligent and done their
homework BEFORE filing a false report ....I wouldn't be here now.

After statements where taken and who knows what deal between these two was said and done. The complaintant dropped the "stolen
statis", and withdrew his claim so the other party, (the guy I did work for), now named as a "suspect" on the report would not be criminally prosecuted. When I was the one who was arrested for something I
wasn't even remotely aware of!!

I plan to sue both parties for filing a false report, negligence and damages resulting from the arrest. There is more, but, the overall picture is............I was a victim of fraudulent dealings and was humiliated, tainted, and adversely affected. They already admit to negligence...the fraud I
can prove. But, right now the issue at hand issssssss.............

The property was returned to the complaintant and the case was closed after 2 weeks. Now that the air has been cleared of charges, at least on the surface.The guy I did work for is offering me the very same property to make "good" on the deal!!! There is not nor was there ever a dispute on the initial property owed.

My question is...............

Since I earned the property prior to arrest If I accept the property, as wary as I am, for payment of work done....will it nullify my right to sue for the damages created and complicated from the arrest??

This property is vital to my livelyhood. I am loosing money and pride with everyday that goes by. I have posed this question to several attorneys, however, I am not getting very far with return calls!! I really need the this question answered !!!!
This occured in the state of California

Please help!! Thanks.............. :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My question is...............

Since I earned the property prior to arrest If I accept the property, as wary as I am, for payment of work done....will it nullify my right to sue for the damages created and complicated from the arrest??

This property is vital to my livelyhood. I am loosing money and pride with everyday that goes by. I have posed this question to several attorneys, however, I am not getting very far with return calls!! I really need the this question answered !!!!
This occured in the state of California

My response:

No, it won't. These are two, independent actions - - one for payment, and the other for a false arrest and damages. This time, if you accept personal property, get a receipt that specifies everything about the property, the reason for it's transfer, and that the transferor has "good, clear title" to transfer the said property. That way, should a question arise, you won't get arrested again for "receipt of stolen property."

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

N

not lQQking 2 good

My response:

No, it won't. These are two, independent actions - - one for payment, and the other for a false arrest and damages. This time, if you accept personal property, get a receipt that specifies everything about the property, the reason for it's transfer, and that the transferor has "good, clear title" to transfer the said property. That way, should a question arise, you won't get arrested again for "receipt of stolen property."

IAAL
[/B][/QUOTE]

My reply to you:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been trying to get this answered for what seems like an eternity!!

Now that I have it, (with an understanding of your disclaimer).... I have NEW questions!! HA! But, I will give you a break & come back AFTER I have thought them through clearly and can ask them in a brief and conscise manner!! :D

BTW, you sure do get around these boards!! And with a quickness! :) How DO you do that???? However you do it.... your reply is a welcome one. Until later.....

Things are lQQking better

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by not lQQking 2 good:
My response:

IAAL
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My reply to you:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been trying to get this answered for what seems like an eternity!!

Now that I have it, (with an understanding of your disclaimer).... I have NEW questions!! HA! But, I will give you a break & come back AFTER I have thought them through clearly and can ask them in a brief and conscise manner!! :D

BTW, you sure do get around these boards!! And with a quickness! :) How DO you do that???? However you do it.... your reply is a welcome one. Until later.....

Things are lQQking better

[/B][/QUOTE]

My response:

I am nimble of finger, and fleet of foot. While I (and three others) run an office, I also have my teaching duties, and I am never too far away from my computers - - I am extremely well connected. I'm just doing my Pro Bono thing, between writing fabulous complaints and killer motions. I look forward to your next syllabals.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited May 02, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">