• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


What is the name of your state? texas
If someone files/calls 911 to set someone up ie. makes a call of potential family violence and the party being called against is taken to jail, can anything be done? can a report or something be filed for calling in a false report and something about the other person being taken to jail. there is proof that the party that was taken to jail was not on the premises before or when the call was made. the person making the call has a track record of setting people up. if i have seen evidence but not witnessed abuse is there anything that can be done. i really have concern that her 2 children are being neglected and physically and emotionally abused but don't really have proof. there has been physical evidence but never any witness to the event. cps is not very helpful and never follows up on anything. if there is anything that can be done, i will pursue it, however, i need to know who to contact to get this situation investigated thoroughly. as i said i don't have any faith in child protective services. are there any other suggestions?



Some thoughts

If they arrested someone there likely had to be some kind of probable cause or his constitutional rights might be considered to be violated. It seems his best defense is as you said that he was not there at the time in question. I was recently shocked to read that a sheriff and his deputies in GA I think were convicted of making up an alibi for a domestic abuser. That is SCARY! If she had marks or whatnot and he was not there it would be her word against his. If CPS has been involved and done nothing it is because they are probably listening to a He said/she said scenario. I used to be a CPS worker and we would hear those cases all too often. If these individuals are having problems they would do themselves well to find a means of working out their individual pains before they are reflected on the children who are really the only ones that matter. These two individuals seem to have personal issues that no one is going to make them work on. If you are close I suggest you find a way to get them to work on their own problems rather than contributing to it by looking for CPS to DO something for you. They might just take the kids and then where will you be? Again, it will only be the kids suffering for the sins of the parents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential