• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

colgate

What is the name of your state?
CT, I have a question about fradulant reports to a insurane agency. I live in a small condo complex, 2 buildings, 8 units each. The condo next to me is owned by an attorney, and he rents it out. There has been a report to our insurance agent that there was a water leak problem in the building. Some clean up work was done, by the attorney's tennant, he is in that line of work. Talking one night, he told me he had to tell the insurance company the water came through a window so he could be paid for the work, but was not comfortable having done it. Can I report this to our insurance agent ? Can I be sued if the insurance company investigates it and does not come to a conclusion ?

HomeGuru

colgate said:
What is the name of your state?
CT, I have a question about fradulant reports to a insurane agency. I live in a small condo complex, 2 buildings, 8 units each. The condo next to me is owned by an attorney, and he rents it out. There has been a report to our insurance agent that there was a water leak problem in the building. Some clean up work was done, by the attorney's tennant, he is in that line of work. Talking one night, he told me he had to tell the insurance company the water came through a window so he could be paid for the work, but was not comfortable having done it. Can I report this to our insurance agent ? Can I be sued if the insurance company investigates it and does not come to a conclusion ?
**A: where did the water come from and what was the actual cause?

C

colgate

a while back there were leaks from peoples bathrooms, as well as water coming in from a window. The bathrooms were fixed, then the report was made to the insurance co.

HomeGuru

colgate said:
a while back there were leaks from peoples bathrooms, as well as water coming in from a window. The bathrooms were fixed, then the report was made to the insurance co.
**A: so the water came from the bathrooms? What exactly was the cause?

Last edited:
C

colgate

Leaks, from the bathrooks & the pipes. They were recently fixed, and there was water that was coming in from a window, but the dammage was done by a combination of these.

JETX

If even a part of the 'claim' was valid, I would not mention it.
Your post doesn't clarify, what IS your involvement in THEIR claim??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">