• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely accused of Statutory Rape....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



2 17 year old girls told the police that my 26 year old friend had sex with both of them at one time and one of them another time. this is not true - he never had sex with either of them at anytime. He gave a statement to the detective - he hung out with the girls 3 times - all 3 times they were skipping school and they met at the mall, hung out there for a while and then he dropped them off at the bus stop. He told the detective that, but he is still worried because it is his word against theirs. There has not been any charges filed and the detective said that he probably wouldn't give it to the DA for a couple of weeks. The detective also said that it is one of the girls father that is pursuing this. Should he really be worried about this? The girls said that the time he had sex with both of them it was at his friend's house, but they don't remember where his house is, and the other time was at his sister's house. If the detective does give this to the DA - what happens from there??? Please help.... This happened in Oregon.



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, may I suggest your friend hire or at least speak with a criminal defense attorney, just as a precaution. The attorney may need to subpoena the police records, which according to your facts, state conflicting stories told by at least one girl.

Okay, also, you may want your friend through his attorney get these girls deposed. But he needs to first just talk to an attorney to make sure he is not compromising his rights.

hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential