• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely Accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I will try to make it short. I use to date this guy a year ago. We no longer talk. The mother of his child has been stalking and harassing me. She has called my house and even followed me around. I just could not take it any more when she was sitting outside of my daughter's daycare waiting for me one day. So I finally took out paper on her for communicating threats. After she vandalized my car twice I could not take anymore. I finally took out a 50C on her. She was found guilty of communicating threats. But my question is after she found out that I took out papers on her. She took paper out on me for harassing phone calls and threatening phone calls. I do not have her number. I have never called her before. I did not get a lawyer because I am not guilty of anything. Could I get charged and put on probation? I do not currently have a record. I got mixed up on one of the court dates. I was taken to jail for FTA. My family posted my bail with $500. Will I get that money back? Will FTA stay on my record also? Thank you for your time in advance


Junior Member
Well she went to the magistrate to take out the papers on me. Then I got served. We have been going to court since July. It just keeps getting continued. What should i do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential