• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely Arrested? Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I live in Florida but was arrested in Georgia on my way home from work. I was in a minor accident (no injuries) the woman was given a ticket for improper turning. I was given a ticket for passing in a no passing zone. They then proceeded to tell me that my license was suspended. Which isn't exactly true, my CDL or Class A license is disqualified due to not turning in medical forms, HOWEVER my regular Class E license is completely valid. They arrested me for suspended license anyways and towed my truck. I have to go back to court in June to settle everything. My question is do I have any case at all against them for arresting me even though my class e license is completely valid? Was I falsely arrested? Will I be able to recover the money I've spent on them towing my truck and bail if I was indeed falsely arrested? Not to mention having to miss work and such? I've never been in any kind of trouble at all so I am completely at a loss of what to do.

quincy

I live in Florida but was arrested in Georgia on my way home from work. I was in a minor accident (no injuries) the woman was given a ticket for improper turning. I was given a ticket for passing in a no passing zone. They then proceeded to tell me that my license was suspended. Which isn't exactly true, my CDL or Class A license is disqualified due to not turning in medical forms, HOWEVER my regular Class E license is completely valid. They arrested me for suspended license anyways and towed my truck. I have to go back to court in June to settle everything. My question is do I have any case at all against them for arresting me even though my class e license is completely valid? Was I falsely arrested? Will I be able to recover the money I've spent on them towing my truck and bail if I was indeed falsely arrested? Not to mention having to miss work and such? I've never been in any kind of trouble at all so I am completely at a loss of what to do.
Were you driving a company vehicle?

Have you had other traffic violations whereby this latest ticket would lead to a confiscation of your license?
No. They didn't confiscate the license either. They let me keep it. The only time I've ever had a ticket was for running a red light about 5 years ago but it was paid then and taken care of.

quincy

No. They didn't confiscate the license either. They let me keep it. The only time I've ever had a ticket was for running a red light about 5 years ago but it was paid then and taken care of.
It is possible that the database has an error and the police relied on the information there.

Although I can't be sure, I suspect the police can support the arrest and towing. But it certainly wouldn't hurt to personally review the matter with an attorney in the area.

It is possible that the database has an error and the police relied on the information there.

Although I can't be sure, I suspect the police can support the arrest and towing. But it certainly wouldn't hurt to personally review the matter with an attorney in the area.
Okay Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">