• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rdwest2005

Duncan SC?

Hello guys,
I got involved in a family that the mental abuse from my father-inlaw on his children and grand kids is beyond anything ever heard of.

My father in law has changed her policy behind her back and took it from the 4 kids and never gave them a dime etc. We have caught him forging their signatures on her oxy cottin settlement that would release all heirs share to him. He got a firm to handle probate and the class action for oxy cottin.

My question is...

I'm designing a web site targeted to our local community ( IN LOVING MEMORY OF ANNIE MAE KNIGHTON)with local keywords so it comes up with everything local.

Within this site I want to state TRUE facts of what I have witnessed this man say and do to his kids and grand kids etc. Only true facts and no hearsay that I have seen.

We have hired an attorney to try and get hands on the original policy and the change that was made years later that she never knew about.

Now, by me stating true events that this man has done to my wife and grand kids etc....

If he were to have a heart attack or per say...

Can anything be done to me?

Because him and his family are making threats that I better keep my mouth shut....

He is a control freak and has many family members in law enforcement in our community.
So am I able to speak the truth of events I have witnessed?

Thanks
~RD

Last edited:

quincy

I would avoid writing anything libelous about your father-in-law on your website. Even if everything you write is true, truth is only a defense to defamation IN court, after you have already been sued, and it does not protect you against other charges, such as invasion of privacy.

Responding to, and defending against, a defamation suit is expensive and time-consuming, and there is never a guarantee that you will win such a suit.

I think you would be wise to concentrate on the loving memory of Annie Mae Knighton and not on your father-in-law, as irritating and abusive as he may be.

rdwest2005

what about questions of like...

we are trying to find what happened to her policy

Where did it go?

The kids are in prison. Why did they have behavior problems?

I want it to be known what he has did to my wife and the kids...

He has dumped a 14 year old girl and 15 year old boy in the streets etc...

He has remarried and told his new wife he never had custody etc...

He has lied to them all...

I know annie mae wants me to let everything be know.
because his family has ruined her name and he has taken eveything from the kids etc...

I just want to make sure I post it in the right way..

Thanks
~RD

quincy

Richard -

I understand that your father-in-law is a jerk. The best thing you can do in Annie Mae's memory, however, is to "rebuild" the family name by being there for your wife and the kids your father-in-law lied to, abused and neglected.

The one thing I know for sure about jerks is that everyone who encounters them KNOW they are jerks. You do not need to tell the world on a website. The people who matter the most to you are those who already know everything they need to know about him.

Annie Mae deserved better, your wife deserved better, the kids deserved better. But don't put yourself in the middle of a lawsuit just to prove that. That will benefit no one.

rdwest2005

I get the point now...

All the kids etc wants this stuff to be know.

Ya see, It is the fathers family thats made him out to be an angel and its his doing...

So,

if i direct it like this....

Annie Mae would want me to ask you ( The Reader ) - If you paid for a policy for years just for your kids and your husband underhandedly changed that policy behind your back without your knowledge, should he be brought to Justice?

If the only wishes you had at death was for your husband to take care of 2 of your grand kids that you both shared custody of, should they be carried out if he agreed and swore by it?

Questions to the reader...

1. What if your husband lied to everyone and run off and married and left your grand kids which you have custody of living in the streets at age 14 and 15?

Should he not be liable for abandonment?

2. What if you were threatened to be killed with a shotgun unless you came back home to your husband if you left him. And also was controlled to not be able to work and made to stay at home with all the children all your life...

Should you be put down by other in laws for not working? Remarks made saying you'd never even work in a pie factory?

3. What if your husband gave you a set amount of money to feed your kids and stated that you either feed them on that or starve to death.

Would you have a right to ask a church for food if no food was in the house to feed your kids?

---------------------
Am I cleared like this?

Thanks,
RD

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">