• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tonjuark

im from idaho. i have a aunt who in 87 made a will, in 94
she was diagnosed with alztimers, and no longer took care of
her business afairs. she has a great deal of money,which was
to go to alot of different people. Her sister in 97 took her in and had her will changed leaving every thing to her.
Is there a way to contest this with my aunt still alive. is
there any way to void the 97 will and make the 87 will stick, and would there still be a copy of the old will. I
was told by the attorney of the sister that we could not overturn the new will, and no one could ever see the old will. There is alot of shadey stuff going on money sprees,and alot of hurt, and mad family members. how can we
get our hands on that 87 will. we have medical profe of my
aunts alztimers dated in 94.

A

advisor10

MAY 9, 2001

DEAR TONJUARK:

Don't be so gullible! Naturally the attorney of the sister is going to tell you that the new will could not be overturned, since he is representing her--that is not true!

You can overturn this will by proving undue influence/fraud/duress. Does the new will have signatures by any witnesses? Is the executor of the new will the same person as who the executor would be under the old will? The fact that you have medical proof of the Alzheimer's in 1994 is also a strong fact in favor of your side.

Speak to another attorney immediately. Is there anyone else in your aunt's family who could look through her personal belongings to try to find the old will? Place a classified ad in the paper that mentions you are looking for the old will (so any attorney who sees it may respond, if they drew up the original will), or contact various probate attorneys in that city to ask if they did her will in 1987. It is also possible that the sister may have destroyed the old will.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

tonjuark

family messth

im from Idaho, it just so happens that the same
attorney who represented my aunt is the same attorney
who is now the sisters attorney. He would be the
one with old will. could we still get a copy of the
old will, this attorney will not give it up. iam almost
certain the sister was not the executor of the old will

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">