• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Minuit

What is the name of your state? PA

My husband and I have applied for his two children to come to the U.S. from India. One is 17 years old and the other is 13 years old. The children have been cleared to come here and are a plane ticket away, but there is one problem. My husband's ex-wife, understandbly so, does not want her children to come to the states without her and they are having a hard time leaving her behind. Being a parent myself, I understand her pain. My question...Is there a way legally that she would be allowed to come to the U.S. with her kids (i.e. an exception or loophole) or will she have to wait until one of her children turns 21 and is able to sponsor her to come? Thank you in advance for any feedback.

evcalyptos

Minuit said:
What is the name of your state? PA

My husband and I have applied for his two children to come to the U.S. from India. One is 17 years old and the other is 13 years old. The children have been cleared to come here and are a plane ticket away, but there is one problem. My husband's ex-wife, understandbly so, does not want her children to come to the states without her and they are having a hard time leaving her behind. Being a parent myself, I understand her pain. My question...Is there a way legally that she would be allowed to come to the U.S. with her kids (i.e. an exception or loophole) or will she have to wait until one of her children turns 21 and is able to sponsor her to come? Thank you in advance for any feedback.
The children can not halpe their mother's immigration until they are 21 and US citizens.
Mother could look at other visa types to come here under her own steam. See uscis.gov for visa types.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">