• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family threathend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? New Mexico, Arizona, & California
Recently, my Son received a threat (letter) towards his 2 year old daughter. He lives in Arizona. A day later my daughter received a similar letter threatening her. She lives in Calif. The letters were both mailed from New Mexico. The letter explained that the reason was because what their mother (my ex-wife) has done to several people. The Ex currently lives in NM. The Ex has been in multiple relationships that have gone badly. It sounds like since the Ex has hurt whoever this is they want their revenge.
Both Son and Daughter have contacted the police and someone at the US Postal service, but it didn't sound like either could do very much. They have also stopped all social media.
What can be done to find out who this person is?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? New Mexico, Arizona, & California
Recently, my Son received a threat (letter) towards his 2 year old daughter. He lives in Arizona. A day later my daughter received a similar letter threatening her. She lives in Calif. The letters were both mailed from New Mexico. The letter explained that the reason was because what their mother (my ex-wife) has done to several people. The Ex currently lives in NM. The Ex has been in multiple relationships that have gone badly. It sounds like since the Ex has hurt whoever this is they want their revenge.
Both Son and Daughter have contacted the police and someone at the US Postal service, but it didn't sound like either could do very much. They have also stopped all social media.
What can be done to find out who this person is?
Hire a P.I.

Have you or your children contacted your ex to find out who she thinks may be doing this?

We thought of a PI but don't know how to find a reputable one. Need to check on that.
Both Son & Daughter have talked to her, but she doesn't seemed concerned. She received a letter also, but did not take it to the police. She is a very disturbed person in my biased opinion, and I apologize to my kids all the time for not picking a better mother for them.

Is it possible this Ex (who has hurt many people) is the one sending the letters in hopes of incriminating and causing trouble for someone she wishes to hurt?
That is my current theory. She has done something similar in the past but never this far/bad

Just Blue

Is it possible this Ex (who has hurt many people) is the one sending the letters in hopes of incriminating and causing trouble for someone she wishes to hurt?
Ohh...Diabolical and nasty. I hadn't thought of that! Ex would have to be a wicked POS to do that.

She has a way of creating drama when she feels there is not enough attention being focused on her

Just Blue

We thought of a PI but don't know how to find a reputable one. Need to check on that.
Both Son & Daughter have talked to her, but she doesn't seemed concerned. She received a letter also, but did not take it to the police. She is a very disturbed person in my biased opinion, and I apologize to my kids all the time for not picking a better mother for them.
Go to the police station and ask a detective if s/he knows of a good one.

Do you really think she would threaten her two year old GC?
At this point I just don't know what she is capable of.
I haven't had to deal with her directly for years now. From what I have been shown recently (email, & letters) she has pissed off a lot of people.

commentator

It is very rare for a person in one state to "piss off" their creepy associates enough to make it worth the time for these creepy friends to obtain the location and addresses of this person's family and nicely write them threatening letters which explain what they're going to do before driving all the way to the other state to commit these crimes, just to punish old whats'er name who pissed them off.

What somebody like this would more likely do is take it out on her directly, as in break HER legs, they're not going to write you folks (whom they don't even know) a darn bunch of letters about what they're going to do to her grandchildren, children, blah blah blah... much less actually travel a pretty good ways to do it!

Wise up, this is your ex wife writing these letters! She's bored, and is trying to re-kindle the fights and drama. And it's not been too long since you have been around her, if you're reading her letters and emails, thinking about who she might've pissed off. So the pattern isn't broken yet. I wouldn't waste money on a private investigator unless I had it to waste, because dollars to doughnuts, this is her. Real bad people who're coming to get you don't write you and tell you what they're about to do, and why, and who they're mad at, etc.

Last edited:

LdiJ

It is very rare for a person in one state to "piss off" their creepy associates enough to make it worth the time for these creepy friends to obtain the location and addresses of this person's family and nicely write them threatening letters which explain what they're going to do before driving all the way to the other state to commit these crimes, just to punish old whats'er name who pissed them off.

What somebody like this would more likely do is take it out on her directly, as in break HER legs, they're not going to write you (whom they don't even know) a darn letter about what they're going to do to her children, blah blah blah... much less actually travel a pretty good ways to do it!

Wise up, this is your ex wife writing these letters! She's bored, and is trying to re-kindle the fights and drama. And it's not been too long since you have been around her, if you're reading her letters and emails. So the pattern isn't broken yet. I wouldn't waste money on a private investigator unless I had it to waste, because dollars to doughnuts, this is her. Real bad people don't write you and tell you what they're about to do.
I believe that the OP is grandpa...talking about the children of his children being threatened.

commentator

Yes, I corrected when I picked that up.. But still got a point, I do. Who says, "I'm so mad at you I'm going to drive to Arizona and kill your grandchildren. (May I have their addresses, please?) I'm going to New Mexico to mail some letters to them."

LdiJ

Yes, I corrected when I picked that up.. But still got a point, I do. Who says, "I'm so mad at you I'm going to drive to Arizona and kill your grandchildren. (May I have their addresses, please?) I'm going to New Mexico to mail some letters to them."
I agree with you about all of that. I was just pointing out that it really could have been many years since he has dealt with his ex, since THEIR children are adults.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">