• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freatbeingfree

Twelve years ago I was on my fathers bank account as well as my one brother. It had been this way for 8 years. My husband and I were separated and he said he was not keeping me on his insurance thus I applied for med.assist. I was told that I was not eligible due to my name on Dads acct. Suggested that if Dad was in agreement maybe we could take my name off acct. & be listed as POA. In all actuality this was aiding me as I would be able to get the benefit. Spoke with Dad and he said as long as everything continued as it had for the past 8 years we would do so. I at that point didnt realize there were different types of POAs. I googled POA printed it off and dad and I went to notary to notarize it. At this point we had taken my name off acct. and applied for med assist.Saddest part that after all this I found out he couldn't take me off his insurance. Dad said rather than go through that again we'd leave things alone as all was still the same. At some point I read the POA and saw it stated I was too keep account on everything. I relayed this to Dad and he was adamant that was not necessary.Said it was no ones business what he did and he had no issues with the way things were going.We continued on in this manner till Dad passed in 2018.After Dads will came out a brother and sister who hadn't spoke to one another for 10yrs.suddenly joined forces req.dads accts for past 11yrs.Brother claims 5-10yrs ago dad said I stole a large sum of money from him.My adopted daughter is Af.Am.and they are saying dad was racist. Why all these accusations after dad is not here to defend himself? Why didn't you try to help dad recover his"lost funds" if that's what you thought years ago? Please could someone help me understand and try to analyze why they're the ones I used to call my family, doing all of this now?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Zigner, here ^^^ is a question ... not that anyone on a legal forum is likely to have an answer for it.

I suppose I could message Dr. Phil.
You're right - but there were also these two question:
Why all these accusations after dad is not here to defend himself? Why didn't you try to help dad recover his"lost funds" if that's what you thought years ago? P
Again, not questions that a legal forum can help with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">