• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fan / Celebrity Websites

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cosmos75

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? OKLAHOMA

I am curious as to what is legal to have up on a fan/celebrity website?

I see thousands of websites with huge image/picture galleries. Some have movie files and what not. Are they legal?

What is legal?
- Scanned magazine pages?
- pictures collected from other websites?

I don't have one but am contemplating creating one. But it would depend on what is legal? Wouldn't want my idol to sue me for having a fan site in their name!
:eek:

Are there any good plain english online resources that I could be pointed where I can do more research?

THANKS!

davezan

Cosmos75 said:
What is legal?
- Scanned magazine pages?
- pictures collected from other websites?
For those items above, ask permission.

If it's really to talk about the celebrity, don't have any hint of commercial use
whatsoever.

Cosmos75

davezan,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY!
davezan said:
For those items above, ask permission.
The odds I'd get permission are probably pretty small...
davezan said:
If it's really to talk about the celebrity, don't have any hint of commercial use
whatsoever.
So just text and links then, eh?
:(

Well, I'll think on it some more. Not sure how nice of a site I can have with those limitations...

Thanks again!

davezan

Cosmos75 said:
davezan,
So just text and links then, eh?
Not even links to sites that have any hint of commercial use.

Cosmos75 said:
davezan,
Well, I'll think on it some more. Not sure how nice of a site I can have with those limitations...
Put yourself in the celebrity’s shoes. Would you appreciate someone making
money off your name, especially if done without your knowledge and your
consent?

Read the following articles for further education: Bruce Springsteen and Julia
Roberts/Jimi Hendrix

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">