• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Farming Accident that killed my 4 year old son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sannizboys

My situation is this. My family and I moved from another city w/in Kansas to a smaller town to raise our son. We were living w/my husbands parents @ the time, while looking for a home to purchase. The accident occurred while my husband and I were @ work and my son was temporaroly staying w/my mother in law.

My husband and I had made arrangements for her to care for him and pay her for taking care of him until we could find a home to purchase. Again this was a temporary situation.

My child was killed in the goat pin @ the farm w/out supervision from his grandmother. The grandmother was on the phone in the house @ the time of the accident. On the side of the house that the accident occurred there are four windows that she could have easliy looked out and check on him. About 5-7 mintues later the grandmother went out to look for my son and didn't see him lying underneath the loading chute where he was pinned. Approx. 2-3 min. after she went looking up at the road his grandfather found him. The grandmother filed a claim w/the insurance company and I received a call from the insurance two weeks after the accident asking questions like was the place we were staying a perminant place of residence and I answered by saying that it was not and that we had an appt. w/a realtor that very night. The insurance company evaluated the accident and offered $5,000 as a settlement. It is my understanding that the policy is substanially higher. Should be prusue this further? The accident occurred a year and two months ago? Please let me know if there is anything we can do. Thank you

ALawyer

GET A LAWYER IMMEDIATELY. And my sincerest condolences. This is a horrible tragedy and the insurance company is offering what seems to be a horribly low settlement. Any competent personal injury or wroingful death lawyer will take this on a contingency and get you a LOT more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">