• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father died and mom worried about home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tracy4685

What is the name of your state? mississippi

my mother and father recently refinanced their home. my mother said that she didn't have to sign any paperwork except for the title. this was about 3 months ago . my father passed away 1 week ago and my mom doesn't know what to do about the house. she hasn't contacted the company she refinanced with because she's scared they can take the house away. she will be getting my father's life insurance policy that will be enough to pay for the balance on the house which is around 80k left owed on the house. could they take her home away ? also could it be possible that the home could be her's now with nothing left owed since she didn't sign any thing but the title at the time of refinancing?

HomeGuru

Have her hire an estate attorney right away. It could be a simple matter depending on if she held title. If she did not hold title, the property would be subject to probate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">