• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father establishing rights to unborn child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TinkerBelleLuvr

CourtClerk, Thank you for keeping your rude, snotty comments to yourself. I actually would appreciate it if you would not respond to any of my threads anyway. Thanks, but no thanks for your "advice."
Any one else have any constructive advice for a "third party" with "regurgitated information?"
Honey (is that sweet enough for you), if your son wants information, HE needs to sign on here. You are NOT privy to all the facts.

And FYI - any one of us can respond. YOU cannot dictate WHO responds. Unfortunately, you chose to dish the California expert.

Suggest that you google the california sites. There are things that can be done BEFORE birth, but won't google them myself.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
CourtClerk, Thank you for keeping your rude, snotty comments to yourself. I actually would appreciate it if you would not respond to any of my threads anyway. Thanks, but no thanks for your "advice."
Any one else have any constructive advice for a "third party" with "regurgitated information?"
You can leave now. Because quite frankly I am an attorney and refuse to answer questions from idiots. Especially arrogant rude snottty ones like yourself.

Isis1

bummer, i actually remember what CC said about what can be done before the baby is born. but out of respect for the wiser seniors, i'll keep my mouth shut. kind of sucks though when I actually have the answer that one rare time.

too bad, so sad.

Humusluvr

I would suggest you learn how to be empathetic. I am only asking questions so that my son can be informed as to what his rights as a father would be. Also, I am not inserting myself into this situation, I was asked. The child also happens to be my blood, too.
How 'bout this for empathetic? Poor, poor unborn child. His gene pool is so limited.

karieclark

Oh, I get it now. A bunch of women who were jolted by their "babies daddies." It's ok. Now that I know what is behind all of the hostility, your opions are worthless to me anyway. Thanks. I'll take the "limited gene pool" to some smart, unbiased professionals.
Remember ladies, you can either be bitter or be better.
Say what you want, I don't mind. Honey!

Just Blue

Oh, I get it now. A bunch of women who were jolted by their "babies daddies." It's ok. Now that I know what is behind all of the hostility, your opions are worthless to me anyway. Thanks. I'll take the "limited gene pool" to some smart, unbiased professionals.
Tell sonny to visit an attorney...a MALE attorney!! The answer will remain the same...:rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ohio GAL stands for Ohio Guardian Ad Litem. I deal with abused, dependent and neglected children as my clients. Nothing about being a woman. Take your limited gene pool to someone you can pay. Okay? Because quite frankly your attitude is pathetic.

Humusluvr

Ohio GAL stands for Ohio Guardian Ad Litem. I deal with abused, dependent and neglected children as my clients. Nothing about being a woman. Take your limited gene pool to someone you can pay. Okay? Because quite frankly your attitude is pathetic.
Seriously. I love it when people come here for advice, get it, and then get all craptastic. And accusatory. Like WE'RE the idiots.... yeah, that's how we stay in business....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

LdiJ

You know what? I am not normally "snotty". In fact, I have often been accused here of being too nice and too sympathetic.

However, you got very correct, very non "snotty" answers originally to your questions, and you chose to view those answers as "snotty" because they weren't what you wanted to hear.

I suggest that you back out completely and let your son deal with his legal issues, because, quite frankly, I think you will damage his case....and believe me, its legend out there as to how many paternal grandmothers have seriously mucked up their son's cases.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You know what? I am not normally "snotty". In fact, I have often been accused here of being too nice and too sympathetic.

However, you got very correct, very non "snotty" answers originally to your questions, and you chose to view those answers as "snotty" because they weren't what you wanted to hear.

I suggest that you back out completely and let your son deal with his legal issues, because, quite frankly, I think you will damage his case....and believe me, its legend out there as to how many paternal grandmothers have seriously mucked up their son's cases.
I will agree. You are too sweet and too nice and too non-judgmental and too sympathetic to the legions posting here. The fact that YOU are saying that son need sto post here should definitely be heeded by OP. It will not be heeded because OP most likely believes she deserves to have a say so and input but you tried. OP you are OUT LINE! Op means the original poster by the way.

karieclark

Oh, thank you for setting me straight. I was so wrong to think that this "legal forum" had actual legitimate advice on it.
If the crappy statements hadn't been made to begin with I wouldn't have gotten bent. No biggy. I like a good arguement, but now that is all it is. All of you throw your little insults around and expect people not to take it that way.
My son and his girl made a mistake, she is scared. He wants to be with her and he wants to be a father to the baby. You don't find that very often. A lot on guys run when they are told the girl is pregnant or try to deny it is their's. Mine isn't running or denying. They were both unprotected, you can only teach someone so much, they must take responsiblity for themselves. He wants to. I just thought I could get some advice from some people that knew more about the law than I do. Apparently I was wrong.
I'm not going to blow it for my son. I was just asking a question. He just found out today.
Be jerks if you want, I WAS JUST ASKING FOR SOME INFO ON A FATHER'S RIGHTS.

TinkerBelleLuvr

He is NOT a father until after a birth. The mother can choose to abort. There are no paternal grandparents until there is an adjudicated father.

suggest googling california unwed paternity - but, because you insulted the CA expert, I give no further advice.

because YOU do not know all the facts (please don't tell me you were in the room), you are NOT in a position to ask for legal advice. The same would go with paying an attorney. Now, you can always give $$ to your son to get the answer.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Oh, thank you for setting me straight. I was so wrong to think that this "legal forum" had actual legitimate advice on it.
If the crappy statements hadn't been made to begin with I wouldn't have gotten bent. No biggy. I like a good arguement, but now that is all it is. All of you throw your little insults around and expect people not to take it that way.
My son and his girl made a mistake, she is scared. He wants to be with her and he wants to be a father to the baby. You don't find that very often. A lot on guys run when they are told the girl is pregnant or try to deny it is their's. Mine isn't running or denying. They were both unprotected, you can only teach someone so much, they must take responsiblity for themselves. He wants to. I just thought I could get some advice from some people that knew more about the law than I do. Apparently I was wrong.
I'm not going to blow it for my son. I was just asking a question. He just found out today.
Be jerks if you want, I WAS JUST ASKING FOR SOME INFO ON A FATHER'S RIGHTS.
Blah blah blah. Quit frankly he has no say so. You were given information regarding the law. Because the LAW gives mom the right to abort, you don't like it. Father's rights dont happen until the child is BORN AND father has ESTABLISHED paternity. That is fact.

CourtClerk

What's this? I go to the park and we've gone from rude and snotty to bitter jerks????

Me bitter? I doubt it. I had and raised my kids without my mommy (or daddy) feeling like she needed to butt in. Maybe because she was confident that she raised children that in their 20's were capable of taking care of themselves and doing their own research, especially at the point where we were already having sex and making babies.:rolleyes:

Now, Clt being snottier than I? Hmmm.... maybe we can be the snotty sisters.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">