• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father has ex-girlfriend named as beneficiary in a life insurance policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

And the policy is listed as an asset within the trust
"Listed as an asset within the trust" is meaningless unless the trust is named on the policy as the owner of the policy.

Even if it was a whole life policy with a cash value accumulation the trust would still have to be named on the policy as the owner for the cash value to be a trust asset.

Frankly, I don't see any problem with it
Neither do I.

He obviously wanted her to have the money so long as she made the payments. She doesn't HAVE to make the payments.
Nor does he. If the payments aren't made the policy would lapse. Of course it's in her best interests to make the premium payments if she wants the $600k when he dies. Nothing strange about that.

Please answer my question about the inception date of the policy. Thanks.

HRZ

Why do you care if somebody is paying on a policy on dads life and is the listed benificary ?

And as asked above...when was policy purchased and add when was beneficiary changed and when was dad found to be incompetent ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">